I welcome clients with a broad range of difficulties expressed through emotional dysregulation, depression, eating disorders, addiction, relationship and personality difficulties, self-harming behaviours, low self-esteem and self-worth, loss of hope and negative self-talk. I also work with clients who have experienced domestic violence, bullying, emotional deprivation or neglect in their lives.
I formulate and implement therapy plans that aim to reduce the impact of psychological distress or mental illness on my clients' functioning and support them in learning effective ways of coping with painful emotions and life challenges. My goal is to help clients become aware of what holds them back from living their life to the full, to manage obstacles successfully and to prevent future relapses.
I draw upon a behaviour model which I use to tailor a person-centred treatment plan, according to the difficulties with which each person is struggling and the goals they wish to achieve.
Therapies I offer: Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Mindfulness Based Cognitive therapy, Compassion-Focused Therapy , Schema Therapy, Sensory Integration.
In recent years I have also directly worked with humanitarian and human rights organisations on various health related projects across the globe. As a therapist, I feel that helping clients to increase their self-awareness is the first step towards supporting them to build emotional resilience and healthy relationships.
- BSc in Psychology (Hons) - NB University, Sofia, Bulgaria, 4 year Psychology practitioner full time course.
- Specialisation in Cognitive Neuroscience, Neural Networks and Consciousness - ELTE University, Budapest, Hungary, 6 months full time
- Specialisation in Cognitive Behaviour Psychology - Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland, 6 months full time
- MSc in Occupational Therapy - University of East Anglia, 2 years full time
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills for Working with Children - Place2Be, London, 9 months, part-time
- Sensory Integration (2/3), Ulster University, Birmingham, 1 year part-time
- Extended training in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, The Association for Psychological Therapies, Leicester
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy, Mindful Therapy, UK
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy: Formulation for Teams, Cygnet Health Care, UK
- DBT with Marsha Linehan (interactive training), Skills Development Service, USA
- Therapy techniques for anxiety and impulse control, Skills Development Service, USA
- STEPPS (Systems training for emotional predictability and problem solving): Group Treatment Programme for Borderline Personality Disorder), NEPFT, Essex
- Autism and Sensory Processing, Sensory Integration Network, UK
- Sensory Integration in Mental Health and Learning Disability, Forensic and Secure Settings, Sensory Integration Network, UK
- Schema Therapy training, Schema Therapy Institute, UK
- Additional Memberships:
Society for Dialectical Behaviour Therapy in the UK and Ireland
- Sensory Integration Network, UK
- International Society of Schema Therapy (ISST)